We are Egile
In Basque, “egile" refers to one "who does or creates".
We are a team of innovative people committed to the solutions required by our customers, and to the environment in which we live and work.
of turnover invested in R&D&I
years of history
Professionals dedicated to R&D&I
In-house R&D&I unit
Egile Mechanics, S.L. came about in 2018 through the amalgamation of DMP (Desarrollos Mecánicos de Precisión, S.L.) and Zehatz, S.L., two companies in Egile group that ceased to be independent businesses, becoming a single organisation focused on precision mechanics.
We pride ourselves on doing things differently, are constantly evolving, and are passionate about exceeding the expectations not only of our customers but also of everybody at Egile.
- Zehatz, S.L. was founded in Elgoibar, Gipuzkoa in 1990. Initially it was a micro-company specialised in grinding, dedicated to the machine tooling sector as a subcontractor of interoperations.
- Its first strategic approach was devised in 1992. It decided to evolve from an auxiliary workshop to a company with a clear strategy. Commercial activity got underway, with a clear commitment to the metal packaging sector.
- In 1995 it started its Engineering activity. It soon developed the first progressive dies for the metal packaging sector, and began developing tooling for machining in machine tools.
- DMP (Desarrollos Mecánicos de Precisión, S.L.) was set up at the end of the century, in 1999, marking the start of aeronautics activity in complex and precision components. DMP set its sight on France, its neighbour and the world's second largest in this sector.
- The first type approval arrived in 2001. DMP became an approved company for the comprehensive manufacture of aeronautical components, including Production activity and the Quality office.
- One year later, in 2002, it obtained its second aeronautical type approval for the comprehensive manufacture of aeronautical assemblies, including functional testing on test benches. Delegated Quality.
2007 - Today
- In 2007 the company committed to internationalisation. We signed strategic agreements with leading aeronautical companies worldwide, and identified a fourth strategic market for Egile: science and large-scale infrastructure.
- Consolidation in the aeronautical sector arrived in 2008. We delivered the shock-absorber prototypes of the NLG for the B787, and were awarded an important tender: the manufacture of SPPS families for TURBOMECA.
- In 2018, DMP and Zehatz came together under the brand EGILE, giving rise to Egile Mechanics, S.L.
We are part of Egile Group
An industrial and technology group whose mission is to optimise opportunities by promoting technology-based companies for future-looking sectors that develop high-value products, services and solutions.
Egile is a diversified industrial group with more than 350 employees and companies operating in other sectors such as Water and Environment, Industrial Cybersecurity and Health.